5 Reasons NOT to Ever Visit Ryan Reynold’s New Bar in Oregon
5 Reasons NOT to Visit Ryan Reynold’s New Bar in Portland, Oregon
Did you know Ryan Reynolds just opened a gin and cocktail bar in Portland, OR? There are many celebrities who have thrown their hat in the ring to have financial ownership in adult beverage companies. Stars like Bethenny Frankel from Real Housewives of New York, Jay-Z, Ice Cube, and George Clooney have made a name for themselves in a new way by making their own liquor and wine labels. So it shouldn’t be surprising that Ryan Reynolds has joined the fray. His brand new bar, distillery, and visitors' center in Portland is called Aviation Gin.
Ryan bought ownership in the Aviation Gin company in 2018 and now, four years later, he is the co-owner of a new, hip distillery (and visitors center) in Northwest Portland. He is described as a “significant owner” of the liquor brand, serving on the board of directors and as the “celebrity face” of Aviation Gin.
One cool thing about visiting Portland and stopping in at Ryan Reynold’s new bar is when you visit Aviation Gin Distillery, you can tour the place! There’s even an “escape room” that is allegedly Ryan’s personal office. It is $28 per person to take the tour. If you don’t want to tour, you can drink at the bar.
If you haven’t watched Ryan Reynold’s commercial for Aviation Gin, you have been missing out. It is hilarious. The video already has over 4 million views on YouTube. If you are over the age of 21, you can view the Aviation Gin commercial starring Ryan Reynolds and see their recipe for The "Original" Aviation Gin Cocktail here.
Now, let's get to the reason why you are here.
Here are 5 reasons NOT to visit Ryan Reynold’s bar in Portland:
- He might not be there when you visit. You will be heartbroken and crushed if you don’t get to see him.
- If he IS there when you visit, he is not likely to do any Deadpool impersonations.
- He says he will put you to WORK in the distillery. Hey, wait a minute! We are not your free labor, pally!**
- He is not going to cast you in his next movie.
- You are not old enough to get in. You have to have an ID to get in the distillery and visitors center and you have to be over age 21 years old.
“Other distillery tours keep their visitors behind glass, but at Aviation, we know people truly learn by DOING.” - Ryan Reynolds
Aviation Gin Distillery and Visitors Center is located at 2705 NW Wilson St in Portland, OR.
(**Let's be honest here, I would probably, and most likely, work there for free if maybe he paid me in free drinks. Hmm, that's not a bad suggestion. Let me think about it a little bit.)
A List of a Few Other Celebrities with Their Own Liquor and Wine Labels:
- Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl Cocktails
- George Clooney: Former owner of Casamigos Tequila
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson: Teremana Tequila
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie: Currently having legal fisticuffs over their vineyard, Chateau Miraval
- Diddy: Hpnotiq
- Jay-Z: Ace of Spades
- Cardi B: Whipshots
Report a typo or correction (or get ahold of me, Ryan Reynolds and we’ll discuss that free labor thingie).