Happy Birthday Reesha On The Radio!
Today is my birthday, y'all!
I am turning 29 years old, can you believe it?! (Well, you shouldn't, ha!)
As I reflect on surviving another year of life, I offer you a few of my words of wisdom:
- Always look busy.
- Yes, take that slice of cake home; you might want it for a midnight snack and it will be YUMMY.
- YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY, DAMMITTTT! (Can I get away with saying that word here? Guess we'll find out tomorrow!)
- Let the kids stay up late on Friday night so that they'll sleep in Saturday morning and you can get some much needed REST!
- If there is a problem, yo, then SOLVE it!
- PAY. YOUR. DUES.
- Please DON'T drink and drive; learned that lesson the hard way more than one way!
- The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference. BE indifferent.
- You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!
- If a man is not kind to his family, he WILL NOT be kind to you. Be a flock of seagulls and RUN so far away, with the quickness.
- Seek help if you are SUFFERING from depression. There is nothing wrong with going to a therapist or finding medication that can level out your mood.
- You deserve the finer things in life no matter what anybody else or society tells you.
- Shutting up is free. Instead of inserting your opinion (that nobody has asked for), just shut up.
- Cover up the grey hairs with a wig, chile. And wear some makeup, too.
- Go with NUDE shoes with light colored dresses. Black shoes cheapen up the look sometimes. Tis a fact.
- You did not wake up to be mediocre.
My endeavor is to make this next year of my life my best. I plan to stop letting people stress me out and make me feel inferior or inadequate. I plan to take my daughter to the beach. I plan to pursue new adventures, visit my family back home in Tennessee and Mississippi, and do some luxury travel. I plan to do whatever it takes to make enough money so that I do not have to struggle. Struggling ain't cute!