PNW is Best Place for Nurses to Work: Oregon #1, Washington #2
They're on the front lines helping stave off the effects of the pandemic and, as it turns out, nurses in the Pacific Northwest have it best.
The folks at WalletHub have again crunched the numbers in myriad data cells to determine which states are the most conducive to be a nurse in and Oregon and Washington states came in at #1 and #2!
The Nursing Market in Washington (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 15th – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 25th – Health-Care Facilities per Capita
- 5th – Nurses per Capita
- 18th – Nursing-Job Openings per Capita
- 22nd – Average Annual Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 14th – Share of Best Nursing Homes
- 5th – Projected Competition by 2026
- 28th – Avg. Number of Work Hours