Thanks to the Television show Last of Us (based on the hugely popular Playstation video game), the zombie genre is all the rage again! Well, a recent survey by Insuranks.com found that over 53% of Americans believe they know how to kill a zombie. If you are part of the other 47% that will be clueless in the upcoming zombie apocalypse, I recommend the book by Max Brooks, The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead.

Let’s start thinking ahead. Zombie infestation breaks out; it’s gotten bad. Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, I Am Legend (zombie-like), Train to Busan, and Zombieland all combined. How and where could we survive in Yakima? Using my knowledge of zombies and Yakima, here are the top 6 places I believe would offer the best chance of survival while waiting for help to arrive.

KMGWFM logo
Get our free mobile app
Michael Boardman, WireImage
Michael Boardman, WireImage
loading...

6 Places In Yakima To Survive The Upcoming Zombie Apocalypse!


Giphy.com

#6 – The Valley Mall

There’s a reason why places like shopping malls are featured heavily in zombie survival flicks. Many departments and stores, so you have plenty of supplies, food, clothes, and things to turn into weapons. My biggest concern with any mall is all of the doors and windows. The other downside of OUR Valley Mall is that most of the food places are in separate buildings not attached to the mall (not all, but most).


Giphy.com

#5 – The Capitol Theatre

I have always thought a zombie flick in a theatre like ours would be cool. There are many places to hide, props and tools for weapons, and only a few windows and doors to secure. Food might be a problem, but I’m sure they have a storeroom of water and popcorn, so you might just have a chance for a couple of months at least. Besides, maybe in a pinch, the Capitol Theatre’s spectral resident, Shorty the Ghost, could help you.


Giphy.com

#4 – Department Store

A big department store like Fred Meyer, Walmart, Target, or even Cabela’s would allow you to last a while. Once again, the windows and the extra doors might be a problem. But you’d have plenty of supplies and food (Cabela’s might be more on the dehydrated/MRE (Meals Ready-to-Eat)).


Giphy.com

#3 – Minado Buffet

Food? Check. Lots of knives and weapons? Check. Lots of room? Check. The only downfall with this location is that the front of the building has many windows. Although, with enough prep time, there should be enough tables and furniture in the buffet restaurant to block the weak points.


Giphy.com

#2 - Giant Hardware Stores (Lowes/Home Depot)

Giant hardware stores like these two are a great idea. Very few windows, many tools and parts to build whatever you need to survive. Food would be the tough spot would be the food supply. The jerky and candy bars would last you a while, but they might have MREs in stock. If you’re there for the long haul, you might even be able to grow your own garden.


Giphy.com

#1 – Costco

This store is the first place I’m heading when the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse happens. To the best of my knowledge, there are very few doors. The ones they do have come with metal roll-down security shutters—a vast supply of food and water, functional kitchen. Lots of books, computers, etc., for entertainment. Use the metal racks and tools to craft weapons, and you should be all set for quite a while.


Giphy.com

What do you think of our list? What would you add, and where will you hunker down to protect your life and brain? Tap the App and let us know.

KMGWFM logo
Get our free mobile app

Report a typo or correction

Got a news tip? Email us here.

TRENDING STORIES:

If a Zombie Apocalypse Happened, Would You Be Prepared?

KMGWFM logo
Get our free mobile app

5 Real Life Zombies; Animals That Live After Death

5 Fun Things To Do in The Coolest Small Town in WA: Friday Harbor

Friday Harbor is reportedly the best small town in Washington. Whether you agree with this or not, here are some fun things to do on this San Juan island.