12 Facts You May Not Have Known About Looney Tunes
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at Warner Bros' iconic stable of characters, the stars of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies! From Bugs and Daffy, to Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam, from Sylvester and Tweety, to Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, Looney Tunes has introduced dozens of classic characters (and their catch phrases) into the world's common cultural vocabulary. This video takes a look at the history of the franchise, from its earliest (and now mostly forgotten) stars to the debuts of its icons, and its successes on the big screen to the small screen and back again.
- If you just want to go sick house on some classic Looney Tunes, you can get this massive six-disc collection.
- For a slightly more reasonable amount of Looney Tunes, here is a three-disc collection.
- But maybe you're the kind of person who only likes specific characters. Well: here are spotlights on Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Tweety and Sylvester, Road Runner, Foghorn Leghorn, and Pepe Le Pew. Strangely, here's one that specifically collects cartoons where Sylvester fights that baby kangaroo.
- You can get Looney Tunes: Back in Action for one penny here.
- Obviously you already own Space Jam, but if you know someone who doesn't, get it for them as a gift here. Or save time and packaging by getting a two-pack of Space Jam and Back in Action here.
- You can get a collection of DC's long-running Looney Tunes comic here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?