Sunday, April 22, Is Earth Day — Here Are Some Local Activities
It only comes around once a year, but honestly we could ALL make a bigger effort to help clean up our world EVERY DAY! Just a thought to marinate on moving forward because Sunday (April 22) is Earth Day! :) What are your plans for the day? Oh, you don't have any? Well see below for different events you can get into :)
- State Parks in Washington State will be FREE on Sunday for Earth Day CLICK HERE for details on the Discovery Pass website.
- FREE entrance into National Parks Saturday April for the kickoff of National Parks Week.
- Staples is inviting you from now until April 28 to bring in your broken or damaged electronics to recycle, up to 50 pounds and you could receive rewards (become a member for free).
- MAC Cosmetics accepts returns of its primary packaging through it's back to mac program. When you return six MAC primary packaging containers to any MAC counter (like Macy's) you'll receive a FREE MAC lipstick.
- Head on down to your local recycling place and find out how you can save energy and money this year for Yakima CLICK HERE.
- Make an effort to turn off lights and electronics when leaving the room or house
- Turn off the water when you are brushing your teeth and try to cut down on shower times as well.
- Purchase a reusable water bottle instead of buying plastic water bottles
- When taking the plastic holders off of six packs of bottles and cans make an effort to cut each holder so if for some reason it doesn't make it in a landfill at least it won't get wrapped around the neck or leg of a innocent critter out in the wild.
- Learn how to compost.