Eight-Foot-High Pile of Chicken Manure Catches Fire, Burns Mobile Home
A weekend wildfire destroyed a mobile home near Charleston, Ark., reports say. The cause of the fire? An 8-foot-high pile of chicken manure that ignited by spontaneous combustion.
I know that any fertilizer can go up in flames if not stored properly, but this is kind of scary. I am sure that most Yakima Valley people know how to store any kind of animal droppings, but you should be aware that too much can be, well, too much.
After this fire in Arkansas, we should know that a pile of chicken sh!t can destroy a whole building. I guess this changes the way we think, about the term "chicken sh!t," don't you think?